This turn-key green country cattle ranch includes excellent soils, large pond, and improvements already in place. The ranch boasts 313+/- acres of productive prairie soils with introduced forages across multiple pasture units. With scattered ponds throughout the property and multiple water sources, livestock and recreational water are plentiful. A centrally located 3 bed/2.5 bath 2400 sf ranch house lies at the end of the winding driveway. The property also includes a central barn/corral with electricity and rural water.
While the majority of the ranch is open, rolling prairie, there are scattered trees throughout the landscape to provide shade for cattle and travel corridors for wildlife movement. The house and barn receive rural water service and there is an additional water well that, upon repair, can function as supplementary water source. This unique ranch offers comfortable amenities and a great forage base, all off of a blacktop road just minutes from town.
The Bates soils comprises almost 70% of the soil base and will produce 4,000 to 6,000 lbs. of range forage per acre/yearly and will be rated from 5 to 7 AUM (animal unit months) if in introduced forage. The Dennis, Taloka and Verdigris soils are even higher producing soils that complete the soil base.
The acreage is subdivided by permanent fencing and could be easily paddocked by electric fencing to further enhance the flexibility of a grazing operation. This ranch is only a half section, but it packs a ton of potential for both grazing capacity and flexibility. It could be maintained as a four to five pasture rotation of Bermuda/Fescue, but it also presents an excellent opportunity for interseeding diverse forages or grazeable cover crop mixtures to further enhance the soil health and production capacity of the ranch. The climate of the area also favors the forage production with a long growing season and close to 45 inches of average rainfall per year.
The introduced forages of the ranch will respond well to fertilization. The location near the Arkansas River ports and commercial chicken production areas provides competitive fertilizer choices.
Recently, the ranch has been lightly stocked with 40-60 cow/calf pairs, but with aggressive management could carry numbers closer to 80-100.
Given the layout and amenities, this ranch should be very user friendly and easy to operate.
Wildlife: While the ranch is well suited for livestock production, there are plenty of wildlife friendly areas as well. White-tailed deer, turkey, and even quail have been observed using the varied timber and riparian areas throughout the property. The large pond is stocked with multiple species of fish and has remnants of two fishing docks that could be restored.
- The residence includes 3 bedrooms and 2 1/2 baths. This all electric approximately 2400 square foot home includes vaulted beam ceilings, office, dining room, attached 2 car garage, zoned heat and air, 2 hot water heaters, safe room, alarm system and ample storage including cedar closets.
- Rural Water services the home and headquarters area.
- There is adequate water for livestock with 6 ponds with the potential to extend well water to provide fresh water in pastures.
- Metal framed barn/storage with AI facilities and electricity.
- Functional pipe corrals and pens designed for ease of operation.
- Automatic water tanks near the corrals.
- One new HVAC unit 2019
- New Laminate Flooring 2019
- Fresh Paint in Living/Dining 2019
- New stove/microwave in kitchen (Refrigerator stays with home)
1 hour from Tulsa, OK, 2 hours form Oklahoma City, OK, 1.5 hours from Ft Smith, AR
1.5 miles east of Wainwright, OK
5.5 miles west of Oktaha, OK
14 miles north of Checotah, OK
15 miles south of Muskogee, OK
TAXES: 2019 Ad Valorem Taxes $1532
PRICE: $900,000 Surface Only